Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Dog Kicks Ass

We're on the fourth week of our obedience classes at Paws N Train and doing awesome. My dog is definitely the best dog there.... for most things. She's awesome at sit, stay, down, walking on the loose leash and attention. I thought she was good at come, but apparently I was a little overconfident in her skills. The chick brings out a rabbit in a little cage and tried to distract the dogs with it while they were supposed to be coming towards us.... Maddie didn't even look at me, she just went straight to the lil bunny. This other dog, "Rocky", completely dominated in the drill and showed us up. I figure its okay though cause this dogs owner (or 'dad' as he likes to be called... gross) is this albino guy with a shaved head and apparently no friends or social skills and that he has nothing else to do but spend his day getting his dog to come to him.

Anyways, back to Maddie kicking ass -- I took off her head halter thing to walk around on just her collar. Normally this results in pulling and distraction, but I think I'm getting the hang of this clicker thing and she's paying attention to me and walking pretty well. A bit more work and I'm back on top with my number one bitch.

More to come on obedience and how much the other dogs suck.

No comments: