As many of you know, and many more of you don't, we will be picking up and moving down south to our fine province's capital, Regina sometime in the next month or two. Now, I've heard a few snickers and 'jokes' about my fair city and what it may or may not smell like, but I bet few of you know, and even fewer care, that:
1. The first ATM in Canada was set up by Sherwood Credit Union in Regina
2. Over thirty four types of marble are found in the Legislative Buildings
3. The Albert Street bridge is the is the longest bridge which stretches over the shortest body of water.
4. Regina was first known as Pile O' Bones
5. People living in Regina are called Reginans
Ok, this online list that I found was made by grade four students and sucks ass. So here's my list of Regina facts:
1. Regina is badass
2. That smell that crops up around mid summer gives people superpowers
3. Yes, the water tastes like shit, but the beer is more delicious
4. Regina is in close proximity to Southey!
5. Mayor Pat Fiacco's moustache houses a colony of dwarves that help him make decisions
6. The dome on the top of the Legislature looks like a boob... for you straight guys out there.. and Brenda.
7. One in four Reginans is named Richard
8. All of the trees in Regina were cleared out of the way and the land was bulldozed flat so that the pioneers could start fresh. (This one actually comes from a friend of mine who told this, in all sincerity, to our host families in Quebec.
9. What happened to the infamous 'Pile O' Bones'? It is currently being used to prop up Lorne Calvert's snaggle tooth.
10. It's better than Winnipeg could ever hope to be.
And just so you all know, this I heart Regina sign comes in button form, and you will all be getting one to wear right longside your ally pin... got it?