Sunday, October 1, 2006

Shitty Week

So I've had a shitty week. Literally, filled with feces. It started off with a cold. This was compounded by hours of group work and late late nights. Eventually my cold progressed to my GI tract. By Thursday things were reaching equilibrium (ie. things coming out as fast as they could go in) and then progressed to negative balance. By Friday I was vomiting as well. Saturday I was feeling a little light headed and on the verge of a seizure. I decided that Gatorade and Pedialyte weren't cutting it. My mom to the rescue, we went to RUH, where I promptly vomited in the front door. At least it got me some attention.

After 3L of NS, D5W and some gravol, I slept for 6 hours in the hallway of the ER.
Still, the problem persists, although I don't feel quite as tingly and parched. We're waiting on C. diff tests, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the dreaded colitis. Anyways, thats why I've been so late with putting more stuff on here, and why I've missed a few group meetings.

No comments: