Thursday, January 17, 2008

F*cking Cold

So, as you may or may not have noticed, its f*cking cold out. (I don't know why I used the * in place of the u because I normally use the f word like a hooker uses crack on this blog).

I just got in from a walk in the blustery weather that has graced our fair capital city as of late. It is -23 degrees (Celsius for you American folk) but feels like -33 with the wind chill. I don't know how they figure out what it 'feels like' although I'm sure there's a completely logical explanation. However, I don't care. I imagine it goes something like this.

Scientist #1: How cold is it out there?
Scientist #2: I dunno, its fucking cold, probably about -33 degrees.
Scientist #1: Eureka!

And they do it with snotty British accents and instead of saying 'minus thirty three' they would say 'negative thirty three'. You know how they are.

So anyway, I just about froze my face off. However I'm not as bitter about winter yet as I was last year around this time. I think its because I'm living downtown and seeing all the big ol' trees that look all pretty in the winter time. Small things like that get me through.

Moral of the story... if you want to just about die because you've underdressed like a moron but yet still feel the need to walk far enough way from your house that you know you might not make it back alive yet still want to be amazed at the beauty that is winter, then walk through Regina. We have it all!

2 comments:

dana said...

Eureka
Good word.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.